Data Privacy Notice:
Dear Sir / Madam
Who we are.
MDSG is a full service European marketing and advertising agency with a specialization in integrated media campaigns, affinity partnerships, sponsorship and brand activations. MDSG creates powerful platforms for our travel clients through connections with premium and lifestyle brands in the UK and continental Europe via fashion, sports, music, art, tech and film sectors.
Why we are contacting you.
We are contacting you today as part of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
GDPR, which came into force on 25th May 2018 in the UK and EU. Contact data relating to you at your place of work are in our possession.
The data that we hold.
Included in the data are your name, business email address and telephone number. The GDPR classes your name as personal data. The email address, if it includes your name, is also classed as personal data.
What do we do with the data.
We will use the data to carry out direct B2B email marketing. We will use the data to contact you from time to time to provide you with relevant information including travel updates, travel trade news, holiday promotions, destination offers, products and services that we offer that we think you may find useful.
The lawful basis we use for this processing is “Legitimate Interest” for “direct marketing”. This is covered in the GDPR. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) recommend that companies using this basis conduct a “Legitimate Interests Assessment” (LIA), and we have done this.
Where does the data come from.
Your data was shared with us at through our online email newsletter registration form at www.mdsg.eu
Your right to object.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data that we carry out. The quickest way to do this is to opt out by emailing email@example.com. We are the Data Controller in respect of this use of your data. You may ask for the data specific to your records in the form of a Data Subject Access Request.
Company Name: Marketing Distribution Services LTD.
Postal address: Level 4, Colechurch House, 1 London Bridge Walk, London SE1 2SX
Company Number: 5591242
The website: www.mdsg.eu is owned and managed by Marketing Distribution Services LTD.
Company Number: 5591242
Registered Office: Level 4, Colechurch House, 1 London Bridge Walk, London SE1 2SX
Any personal data collected, stored, processed by us is governed by The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, more information is available at https://www.eugdpr.org/).
Who is the Data Controller?
Is responsible for the collection, and determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
Clients of Marketing Distribution Services Ltd. controls all data collected via campaign microsites, and will only be used if the user has opted into receive marketing from the clients listed on those campaign microsites.
Who is the Data Processor?
Which processes personal data on behalf of the controller, which includes use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal data.
Marketing Distribution Services Ltd.
Data Processor contact details
Tel: +44 (0)20 3290 8914
Data Processor contact details
Tel: +44 (0)20 3290 8914
What is personal data?
Means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Why do we process your personal data?
We collect personal information based on a premise of consent.
Consent is any freely, given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your wishes by which you, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to you.
How do we obtain your personal information?
We collect personal information from you when you access or/and use our website, when you provide us information on a web form on our website, when you click on links or banners on our website; or when you otherwise correspond with us.
We may also collect personal information from other sources, as described below.
• Personal information you give us when you enter our competitions, including first name, last name, email address and date of birth through Travelpromos website or any campaign microsite run by Marketing Distribution Services Ltd. or Travelpromos.
• Personal information we collect using cookies and similar technologies (see below for further information)
We use the information, which we collect from www.mdsg.eu, via our email campaigns and third parties to provide you with new travel campaigns, updates about travel services, specials, travel win based competitions and other topics related to travel or event based.
We may also from time to time use your contact details to send you information about other services and products provided by Travel Promos, MDSG and its partners.
We need min your contact information (e-mail address), in order to contact you, in case you selected as a winner.
With your consent, we may also use your personal information to:
• Provide you with marketing via telephone calls, email, SMS or text (if applicable).
• Provide you with marketing from third parties.
• Customize third party advertising you might see on third party websites.
• Use your precise geo-location to provide location based services, if it applies.
• To select a promotional campaign winner and email the winner with the details of the prize(s)
• Respond to enquiries or requests for information or services placed by you
• Keeping you up to date with news, travel updates, offers or promotions about our client where our client is the Data Controller and we and Travelpromos are the Data Processor under contract
• To provide you with information to which we think you may find of interest
• To invite you to events related to your job where we are the Data Controller and where our client is the Data Controller and we are the Data Processor under contract
• To send you marketing information where we and/or our clients have lawful grounds.
• Sickness, parental, volunteering and other types of leave
• General administration
• Regulatory requirements
• Other processes related to the above
• Your personal information shall not be used for any other purposes
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You have the right to withdraw your consent regarding profiling at any time.
We may use technologies considered automated decision making or profiling. We will not make automated-decisions about you that would significantly affect you, unless such a decision is necessary as part of a campaign we selected for you, we have your consent, or we are required by law to use such technology.
In order to serve our website mandate, we need to be able to send you personalized invitations to participate in future travel or event related campaigns, in a form of direct marketing communications (i.e. e-newsletters).
Personal information collected from other sources, 3rd parties.
Is data shared with 3rd parties and if so, who?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table below. External Third Parties are all based in the United Kingdom.
Service providers acting as Data Processors who provide IT and system administration services.
• IT services – Priority One
HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as Data Processors who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• Website – Key Player Publishing
• Email broadcasting – Mail Chimp, Key Player Publishing
• Database – Key Player Publishing
Our clients in the travel industry who represent travel destinations, hotel groups, cruise lines, convention centres, travel technology, airlines, government offices, sports organisations, insurance companies, shopping outlets, tour operators and attraction venues.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Where we disclose personal data to our suppliers in order for them to process personal data on our behalf, we have a contract in place compliant with the GDPR to ensure the security of any personal data that each Data Processor or sub-processor processes.
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, except when:
• We need to send the information to companies who work on our behalf to provide a product or service to you; (unless stated otherwise, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us); or
• We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested; or
• We respond to any legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply or legal process.
If we transfer personal information to third party providers of websites, applications, services and tools that we cooperate with, this will be solely on the basis of an agreement limiting use by the third party provider of such personal information to processing necessary to fulfil their contract with us and obligating the third party provider to take security measures with regard to such data. Third party providers are not permitted to sell, lease or in any other way transfer the personal information to third parties.
Improved rights under the General Data Protection Regulation:
You have some improved rights under the GDPR.
Data Subject Access Request:
• You have the right to access the personal information we may hold about you. On receipt of such a request we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible, but at least within one calendar month. You must provide us with 2 forms of personal identity to ensure that we only disclose to you information which is relevant to you personally. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
• Rectification: You have the right to request that we amend any personal information that may be incorrect or require updating.
• Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information pertaining to you. Any questions about these rights may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The right to restrict processing. Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. If you decide to do this, we will continue to store the data, but not further process it until we have agreed a solution to the issue you have raised.
Information on our grounds for lawful processing?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Where we have your consent
Legitimate Interest means the interest of Marketing Distribution Services Ltd, TravelPromos or our clients
We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us at email@example.com
As required under GDPR we have conducted a Legitimate Interest Assessment in relation to sending marketing information. We assessed the balance of your rights with ours and our clients. We believe you will not be disadvantaged by receiving our communications and we can demonstrate under GDPR that we have a legitimate interest in using your data for marketing purposes. You always have a choice of opting out or unsubscribing or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to stop receiving communications:
As a consumer you have fundamental rights related to personal information.
Right to information and right to access
You may ask for information about what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing; and you have the ability to get access to your personal data that is being processed.
You can request a copy of the personal data, free of charge, in an electronic format.
Right to rectification
This right provides you with the ability to ask for modifications to your personal data in case you believe that your personal data is not up to date or accurate.
Right to withdraw consent
This right provides you with the ability to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of your personal data for a purpose.
Right to object
This right provides you with the ability to object to the processing of your personal data. Normally, this would be the same as the right to withdraw consent, if consent was appropriately requested and no processing other than legitimate purposes is being conducted.
Right to object to automated processing (or profiling)
This right provides you with the ability to object to a decision based on automated processing.
Profiling – means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements.
Right to be forgotten
Also known as right to erasure, this right provides the data subject with the ability to ask for the deletion of their data. It is important to note that this is not an absolute right, and depends on your retention schedule and retention period in line with other applicable laws.
Right for data portability
This right provides you with the ability to ask for transfer of your personal data. As part of such request, you may ask for your personal data to be provided back (to you) or transferred to another controller. When doing so, the personal data must be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
How long we keep your personal information
The following factors typically influence retention periods:
• How long is the personal information needed to provide our Services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of our campaigns, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most of our data retention periods.
• Is the personal information sensitive? If so, a shortened retention time is generally appropriate.
• Have you provided consent for a longer retention period? If so, we will retain data in accordance with your consent.
• Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain your personal information? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or personal information retained for the purposes of litigation.
• After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
How we do protect your personal information
• We protect your personal information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, and information access authorization controls.
• We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S.A. and elsewhere in the world where our data centres and hosting facilities are located.
Change of Ownership
Personal Information limitation
By submitting the information on this website visitor confirms that he/she submits own and correct information.
Restrictions – only users of 18 years or older are allowed to use services of this website – www.mdsg.eu only accepts users who are willing to submit complete personal information (according to www.mdsg.eu forms) and have a genuine interest in travel topics.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
• If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time at email@example.com
• We do not sell, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent.
• Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a contract we may have with you.
• We will not send marketing communications to individuals who have unsubscribed, opted-out or otherwise asked us to stop direct marketing. Where we collect contact information from you which may be used for marketing purposes, we will let you know how to stop receiving such information if that’s what you prefer.
Is data processed outside of the EEA?
Where our clients are located outside of the European Economic Area, they control the data and local or national rules apply. Data where Marketing Distribution Services Ltd. is the Data Controller is processed in the UK.
Cookies and Similar Technologies:
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. There are different types of cookies: some are essential for the site to operate properly, whereas others are aimed at enhancing and personalising your user experience. Cookies can help us to understand how consumers are interacting with our website, which helps us to improve our site and deliver a better service to you.
What types of cookies are there?
Strictly necessary cookies.
Generally, these cookies will be essential first-party session cookies. Not all first-party session cookies will fall into the strictly necessary category for the purposes of the Cookie legislation. Strictly necessary cookies will generally be used to store a unique identifier to manage and identify the user as unique to other users currently viewing the website, in order to provide a consistent and accurate service to the user.
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as signing-up to receive emails from us.
These cookies generally collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and the pages that they don’t. This helps us to understand and improve the site so it is easy to use and includes helpful content. They allow us to fix bugs or glitches on the website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies visitors, so we can’t identify you. For example, we use “Google Analytics” cookies (a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc).
These cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make as you browse the site. They provide more enhanced and personal features. The information collected is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites once you leave our site
How to turn off cookies
For more information go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org
You can also typically end your cookies session by clearing your cookies. If you have certain browser privacy settings enabled, simply closing your browser may also end your cookies session. If you are using a public or shared computer, you should sign out and/or clear your cookies when you are done using such computer to protect your personal information.
Content and copyright:
All content included on this site, including text, images, software, motion videos and graphics are the property of Marketing Distribution Services or our clients and are protected by UK copyright laws. The material on this website is for personal and information use only. Unauthorised reproduction, distribution, display or transmission is strictly prohibited. All Marketing Distribution Services and TravelPromos logos, names and graphics are trademarks of Marketing Distribution Services Ltd. and may not be reproduced or used for any product or purpose unrelated to Marketing Distribution Services Ltd. without express permission.